At The Giving Nature, we are focused on sourcing natural, eco-friendly products that meet our standards in both practicality and quality. We are excited to bring you our latest eco offering. The 100% Cotton Shopping Bag with Rope Handles. But it’s more than a shopping bag.
Use it as a beach bag, an eco tote bag, or a simple cotton shoulder bag. With a carrying capacity of 20kg and dimensions of 35cm x 40cm x 10cm, it’s big enough, and strong enough, to lug your school books around too. Metal eyelets secure the rope handles in place. Their purpose is to make sure the handles can maintain heavy loads.
The Giving Nature Cotton Tote Bag Specs:
- Made from 100% cotton canvas fabric
- Rope handles for extra strength
- Carrying capacity: 20kg
- 35cm x 40cm x 10cm
Why Use Cotton Bags?
Cotton canvas fabric, also called duck cloth, is made with a diagonal weave, as opposed to the plain weave used to make T-shirts, for example. This adds to the strength and durability of the fabric.
Cotton insulates and absorbs moisture:
So while it’s not going to act like a cooler box, it will protect your groceries from the elements. Cotton tote bags are great for transporting your sweaty gym clothes home. The additional moisture will be absorbed into the cotton, reducing the smell and preventing mold. And because the bag is machine-washable, it’s easy to clean on a regular basis.
Better for the environment:
Cotton Shopping Bags are reusable. Switching to cotton bags reduces the need for single-use plastic bags. Cotton bags biodegrade 500x faster than plastic bags.
Here are a few sobering facts about plastic bags:
- Did you know that 500 billion plastic bags get used every year? That’s preposterous! But it’s not all bad news. Here, in the UK, sales of single-use plastic bags have dropped considerably. A levy of 5p was introduced about 5 years ago. Since then plastic bag sales dropped from 7.5 billion, in 2014, to 1.1billion, in 2019.
- 8 million pieces of plastic end up in the ocean. Every day!
- In 2004, it cost the San Francisco municipality millions to clean up their plastic bags.
- The cost of recycling plastic is often more than the cost of producing it!
- Plastic pollution is killing our marine life and taking up valuable landfill space.
How to Care for The Giving Nature Cotton Shopping Bag
- Cotton does shrink. Our cotton shopping bags are prewashed. This reduces shrinkage.
- Our eco tote bags are machine-washable and hand-washable.
- Use warm water, not hot. This will reduce the shrinkage and also prolong the life of the bag.
- Use a mild detergent. Avoid bleach.
How often should I wash my cotton canvas bag?
- If you use your bag for carrying fresh produce then wash it once a week. If you use it for general shopping you can wash it twice a month (every other week).
- If you use it for gym, wash it once a week.
Don’t delay – get your Cotton Shopping Bag today. The Giving Nature Cotton Tote Bags with Rope Handles are available from our online store. And while you’re at it – Get your Best Friend a Cotton Bag too!